Hats (03-09-10)

I’ve heard it said that a picture is worth a thousand words. If that is the case, then this week’s article will be far and away my longest.

Friday, the grade school celebrated Dr. Seuss’s birthday by encouraging the students to wear silly hats. They did not disappoint. I was blown away by both the range and scope of the hats I saw. I thought about writing a Dr. Seuss-style poem about the experience, something like:

There were hats with flaps and hats with cats

And “Cat-in-the Hat” hats both skinny and fats.

That’s as far as I got. Needless to say, the students had a lot of fun expressing their individuality and showing their silliness. I am sending several of the best pictures to the paper. I hope they can get a few of them in the space that my article usually occupies. Happy Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, everyone! May you be able to wear your own silly hat with the same enthusiasm as the students of Hill City Grade School!

No comments:

Post a Comment